Timothy K. Liem M.D., M.B.A., F.A.C.S.
- Health care profile
- Professor of Surgery, Division of Vascular Surgery School of Medicine
Dr. Timothy Liem is a vascular surgeon and professor of surgery in the Division of Vascular Surgery in the OHSU School of Medicine. He is also vice chair for quality at the OHSU Knight Cardiovascular Institute.
Dr. Liem is a reviewer and member of the editorial board for numerous medical journals. He has authored or co-authored more than 80 book chapters and research articles. He lectures across the country on topics that include venous thromboembolism, anticoagulation and venous duplex imaging.
He earned his M.D. degree from the University of Southern California. He completed his general surgery training at Kaiser Foundation Hospitals in Los Angeles and his residency in vascular surgery at the University of Missouri-Columbia. He completed a fellowship in vascular radiology also at the University of Missouri-Columbia.
Dr. Liem sees patients in the OHSU Vascular Surgery Clinic at the Physician’s Pavilion on the OHSU Marquam Hill campus and in the Vein Clinic at South Waterfront. He also sees patients four days each month at Tuality Digestive Health & General Surgery in Hillsboro, Ore.Read more
Areas of interest
- Venous disease, thromboembolic disorders, cerebrovascular disorders, peripheral artery disease, aneurysm diseases
- B.A., University of California, San Diego, Jacobs School of Engineering, Bioengineering, La Jolla California 1986
- M.D., University of Southern California, Los Angeles California 1990
- M.B.A., Oregon Health & Science University, Portland Oregon 2015
- General Surgery, Kaiser Foundation Hospitals, Los Angeles, Calif., 1990-1995
- Vascular Surgery, University of Missouri, Columbia, Mo., 1995-1997
- Vascular Radiology, University of Missouri-Columbia, Columbia, Missouri, 1997-1999
- American Board of Surgery, General Surgery, 1996, 2005, 2016
- American Board of Surgery, Vascular Surgery, 1998, 2007
Honors and awards
- Alpha Omega Alpha
- Distinguished Fellow, Society for Vascular Surgery
- Distinguished Service Award, Department of Surgery, OHSU
- Award for Outstanding Contribution in Clinical Care Quality, Professional Staff, OHSU
Memberships and associations
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Society for Vascular Surgery
- Western Vascular Society
- American Venous Forum
- Midwestern Vascular Surgical Society
- International Society for Thrombosis and Haemostasis
- Pacific Northwest Vascular Society
- Oregon Medical Association
- University of Missouri Surgical Society