- General Surgery
- Vascular Medicine
Special focus on
- Vascular Surgery
- B.A., Claremont Men's College, Claremont California 1976
- M.D., Harvard University School of Medicine, Boston Massachusetts 1980
- General Surgery, University of Washington, Seattle, Wash., 1980-1985
- Microvascular Physiology, University of Zurich, Switzerland, 1985-1986
- Vascular Surgery, University of Washington, Seattle, Wash., 1986-1988
- American Board of Surgery, General Vascular Surgery, 1989 (Recertified 1997, 2008, 2019)
Dr. Gregory Moneta is a vascular surgeon and professor of surgery in the Division of Vascular Surgery in the OHSU School of Medicine. He is a former chief of vascular surgery at OHSU.
He earned his M.D. degree from Harvard Medical School and completed his residency in general surgery at the University of Washington. He completed a fellowship in microvascular physiology at the University of Zurich in Switzerland and a fellowship in vascular surgery at the University of Washington.Read more
Memberships and associations
- Dr. Moneta is a member of many surgical societies and has served as president of the Western Vascular Society, president of the Pacific Northwest Vascular Society, president of the Portland Vascular Society and president of the American Venous Forum and editor for the Yearbook of Vascular Surgery (10 years), Peripheral Vascular Disease reviewer/editor for the Cochrane Library, assistant editor for the Journal of Vascular Surgery, and is a member of numerous other editorial boards.
4.6 out of 5 (57 Ratings, 13 Comments)
The patient ratings score is an average of all responses to the question "How likely would you be to recommend this provider to your family and friends (on a scale of 0 to 10)" on our nationally-recognized NRC patient surveys.
- Jun 21, 2022
Dr Moneta is a pleasant fellow, clearly competent in a quiet sort of way. Personable character.
- Jun 21, 2022
Office and staff were great. Doctor did his homework. New all about me. Set up for more test within a hour. Followed up with me , right after test were completed. Set up for more procedure in the future. I trusted the doctor.
- Jun 07, 2022
I liked how they treated me, it was very good.
- May 10, 2022
The Doctor was very thorough and spent the time to answer my questions and concerns.
- Dec 09, 2021
We found Dr. Moneta very, very gentle, very thorough. My experience there proved that you are extremely thorough in your presentation.
- Dec 02, 2021
He was, he was very knowledgeable, sing to me and he explained stuff to me and he made me feel comfortable and- but I haven't really had a procedure yet so you'll have to get me on the rebound. Did they say to push something when it's done (INAUDIBLE) no they said (INAUDIBLE).
- Nov 16, 2021
Timely and professional.
- Nov 02, 2021
Everything went well and I appreciate the service that was given to me today and I will look forward to continuing to stay with oshu thank you
- Oct 12, 2021
The Dr look me over several times asking me questions took a couple of readings told me how to stay safe everything seems normal to fair I was thankful
- Aug 12, 2021
I feel that Dr. Moneta really listened to me when I wanted him to seal up my wound that he cut. And I felt that he did the staff at OHSU were as I as I say some where excellent and couple were not. So you're going to get that wherever you go so nothing can ever be perfect. So they did change. My medications are around too much. They shouldn't have done that. So as a result, my blood sugar was running, kind of little there. I am diabetic. Anyway, thank you.
- May 26, 2021
I appreciate being able to see a provider with the scope and breadth of knowledge that Dr. Moneta has. It's very comforting when you have a serious condition as I do.
- Apr 27, 2021
Great very informative
- Apr 06, 2021
Encouraging, and he knows topic of specialty well.