Reporting to Public Safety

In an emergency, please dial 911 or 503-494-4444.

Department of Public Safety

The Department of Public Safety (DPS) can be reached 24 hours a day. Reporting to DPS is the same as reporting to law enforcement and DPS will report incidents to OHSU officials. Contact immediately in case of emergency and for other safety related assistance by calling 503-494‑4444.

Seeking assistance from OHSU, including filing a formal complaint with Title IX or AAEO, does not mean that you have filed a criminal (police) report.

Call the Department of Public Safety 503-494-4444.

It is possible that if the Department of Public Safety or Portland Police investigate your report, the report will not go to criminal trial, regardless of your cooperation with law enforcement, as the final decision regarding prosecution rests with the District Attorney.

If you wish to contact the Portland Police Department:

503-823-0000 phone
503-823-3333 non-emergency
503-823-0342 fax

Protective Orders

View information about how to obtain a Protective Order.

Crime Victims' Rights

Civil Lawsuit

Another option you may pursue is a civil lawsuit. In civil lawsuits, an alleged respondent could be ordered to pay money to compensate a claimant for physical and/or emotional damages. In limited situations, a claimant may also be able to hold a third party responsible. You may want to consult with an attorney to explore this option.