On-Campus Resources

Student Resources

The OHSU Joseph B. Trainer (JBT) Health and Wellness Center offers many types of services for OHSU students, postdoctoral fellows and adult dependents on the Student Health Insurance Plan. Some services offered include routine primary and preventive care services, in addition to behavioral health services including counseling and crisis support. There is no charge to visit a JBT Health and Wellness Center provider or nurse. JBT is located in the lower level of Baird Hall and can be reached at 503-494-8665.

Faculty/Staff Resources

The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is available to all benefit-eligible employees and their dependents, regardless of medical plan enrollment. The EAP provides you and eligible members of your household 24/7 access to confidential counseling, as well as other services; the most commonly used benefit of the EAP is three free face-to-face visits (no copay or other out of pocket cost to you) with a counselor for you and/or your dependents. Other services includes a 24-hour crisis line, legal consultations, and more. 

The Resident & Faculty Wellness Program provides residents, fellows, and primary School of Medicine faculty free, confidential counseling and coaching services. You do not need to be in crisis; you may just want to talk or consult with us. Over the past 10 years, hundreds of OHSU physicians have participated in this program and our team currently provides over 100 visits every month. Experienced psychologists and psychiatrists provide professional services in a private location. We have a tremendous emphasis on confidentiality. We do not document in EPIC. Visits are confidential with the only exceptions being if the individual is a danger to oneself or others, or impaired. 

Schedule an appointment with any one of these providers below. Learn more about each provider.

Urgent Consultation? Page 10975.

Other options:
  • Multnomah County Crisis Line: 503-988-4888 
  • National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-TALK (8255)

All OHSU Community Members

Ombusdman. Confidential reporting of concerns can be directed to the OHSU Ombudsman, Merle Graybill, M.Ed. Ms. Graybill can provide confidential, informal, independent and impartial problem-solving assistance. Ms. Graybill can reached by phone at 503-494-5397. Or, for non-confidential communications only, you can contact her at .