School of Medicine Alliance
The OHSU School of Medicine Alliance was originally established as the Faculty Wives Club in 1947 when OHSU was called the University of Oregon Medical School. Friendliness and conviviality among faculty and faculty wives were the objectives. The club’s organizational talents and cordiality were relied upon by the administration for hosting the school’s receptions.
During the 1970s the organization adopted a service orientation with commitments to student financial aid and the funding of special projects for the School of Medicine. Since that time this service orientation has been exemplified by such projects as Blankets and Books for Babies, Student Loan Fund, the Medical and Graduate Student Awards Program, refurbishing of medical student study/lounge spaces and various health education initiatives.
In 1985, the Faculty Wives Club was renamed the Medical Faculty Auxiliary. To continue to reflect the evolving role of our organization, our name was changed once again in 2003 to the OHSU School of Medicine Alliance. We are proud of our accomplishments and our ongoing role in the charitable and health education projects of OHSU Hospital and Medical School.
Since 1947, a tradition of friendship, community support and service to the Oregon Health and Science University School of Medicine.
Join the SMA