OHSU scientist, providers appointed to state Cannabis Research Task Force
Jan. 5, 2016
Oregon Senate Bill 844, passed in 2015, created a state task force to research the medical and public health properties of cannabis.
The task force consists of 15 members, appointed by the governor. Three of the appointed members are from OHSU:
- Christopher Conrady, MSN, N.P., instructor of pediatrics in the OHSU School of Medicine, nurse practitioner, OHSU hematology/oncology
- Robert Hitzemann, Ph.D., chair and professor of behavioral neuroscience in the OHSU School of Medicine
- Colin Roberts, M.D., associate professor of neurology in the OHSU School of Medicine
The task force is charged with studying and publishing a report on the development of a medical cannabis industry that provides patients with medical products that meet individual patient needs.
- View info on task force, including full membership list
- Media coverage included Portland Tribune and the Statesman Journal