Become a nurse leader at Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU)
Nursing students develop leadership skills at OHSU through engagement in evidence-based learning and interprofessional education and practice. These skills are applied in a variety of academic and clinical settings, for example:
- Communities (schools, community service agencies, health clinics, homes)
- Outpatient and transitional care clinics
- Hospitals (critical care, medical surgical units, operating rooms, emergency departments)
- Research labs
Academic Health Center
OHSU is the state's only academic health center and offers a wide variety of services and programs. OHSU provides the state's most comprehensive health care, educates the next generation of outstanding clinicians and biomedical researchers, and supports achievement of meaningful scientific breakthroughs and innovations. Students get first-hand experience with clinical specialties and complex treatment of diseases and health-related problems within a magnet system of hospitals and clinics.
Why OHSU School of Nursing?
- 5 campuses across Oregon and online programs.
- Undergraduate, graduate, doctor of nursing practice, and doctor of philosophy programs throughout the state. Many undergraduate programs support continuing pathways into advanced practice or research.
- Advanced Practice nursing programs that provide direct pathways into doctoral degrees or prepare students to take national certification exams in clinical specialties.
- Oregon's primary provider of nurse practitioners who give cost-effective primary care - often in underserved and rural areas.