VirtuOHSU Simulation and Surgical Training Center
The core mission for VirtuOHSU is to provide outstanding leadership in education and training opportunities in surgical skills and simulation. Additionally, it is also to serve all simulation interests related to surgical and procedural education, research, faculty development, interdisciplinary opportunities, and community outreach.
VirtuOHSU serves the entire continuum of health professionals, trainees, students, and researchers at OHSU. This highly versatile space supports open, laparoscopic, endoscopic, and microscopic technical
skills training using task trainers, virtual reality, synthetic, animal, and cadaveric tissues. VirtuOHSU is also the home of all gross anatomy coursework at OHSU for the School of Medicine, School of Dentistry, and School of Nursing.
Inside the 7,500 square-foot VirtuOHSU Simulation and Surgical Training Center
- Amphitheater: 70 seat amphitheater with full AV and conferencing capabilities
- Lab A: 2 surgical scrub sinks and 16 table anatomy dissection lab or 8 station simulated OR (able to flex between 8 or 10 with Lab B)
- Lab B: 2 station simulated OR (able to flex to become part of 10)
- Lab C: Microsurgery suite with 8 Ziess microscopes
- Classroom: 18-24 seat classroom with SMART board
- MIS Training Suite: 10 laparoscopy stations, 1 laparoscopic VR simulator, 1 endoscopic/bronchoscopic VR simulator, and 1 da Vinci Robot VR simulator