Appointment Reminder Terms of Service
In these Terms of Service, all references to OHSU shall include OHSU and any person or entity acting on behalf of OHSU to deliver the OHSU Appointment Reminder service. By signing up for OHSU Appointment Reminder, I understand and agree to the following terms of service:
- I hereby consent to receive reminders about my or my child’s OHSU medical appointments via text message.
- I understand that text message communications may contain information I wish to keep confidential, such as information about my healthcare team.
- I understand that text messages for OHSU Appointment Reminder are not encrypted and may not be confidential.
- I also understand that OHSU cannot assure the privacy of a text message for OHSU Appointment Reminder. Text messages travel via the public Internet or my carrier’s network. It is not possible to verify that a text message is actually received, opened and read by the intended recipient. I accept the risk that my medical information may not be confidential when being sent via text message.
- I agree and understand that OHSU takes no responsibility for and disclaims any and all liability arising from any breach of confidentiality not caused by OHSU, inaccuracies or defects in software, communication lines, virtual private network, the internet or my internet service provider, mobile carrier or mobile carrier’s network, access system, computer hardware or software, or any other service or device that I use to access text messages.
- I agree and understand that OHSU reserves the right to terminate text messaging of appointment reminders with me at any time for any reason without prior notice.
- I understand that I may terminate my participation in OHSU Appointment Reminder by texting STOP at any time in response to an OHSU Appointment Reminder text. In such case, I understand and I agree that I may receive one final text message confirming that the OHSU Appointment Reminder service has been stopped.
- I agree to notify OHSU as soon as practical if my mobile number changes. I also agree and understand that OHSU takes no responsibility for and disclaims any and all liability arising from my failure to notify OHSU of a change in my mobile number.
- OHSU does not have a separate charge for this service; however, I understand that message and data rates may apply from my mobile carrier. Subject to the terms and conditions of my mobile carrier, I may receive text messages sent to my mobile phone or such other device or program that allows the receipt of text messages. By providing my consent to participate in this service, I approve any such charges from my mobile carrier.
- I understand that an automatic dialing system may be used to deliver text messages to me. I give my consent to OHSU to use an automatic dialing system to deliver text messages to the mobile number that I have provided to OHSU for contact purposes.