BioLibrary & Pathology
The Knight Cancer Institute sponsored BioLibrary & Pathology Shared Resource brings together tissue collection, processing, clinical annotation, and histopathology services into a single core. The unit provides members with:
- A repository of well-annotated human tissue, blood and saliva.
- A database of annotated clinical variables including patient demographics, treatments and clinical outcomes;research and clinical trial participation;genetic profiles, research analyses and specimen imaging.
- Tailored data in the form of client-specified case reports.
- Pathology services for studies on human and animal tissues, including cryostat sectioning, paraffin-embedding, microtome-sectioning, histochemical staining, immunohistochemistry, immunofluorescence and fluorescent in situ hybridization
- Support in producing high quality RNA and DNA samples from both frozen and fixed specimens.
- Pre-award consulting for preparation of grant and other funding applications.
The BioLibrary & Pathology Shared Resource is accredited through the College of American Pathologists (CAP) and is Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) certified.