Dentist with radiograph

Root canal treatment

Root canal treatment, also called Endodontic treatment, deals with the tooth pulp and tissues surrounding the root of a tooth. General dentists may provide root canal therapy or may choose to refer difficult treatment cases to an endodontist for specialty care. For information on root canal treatment and other endodontic procedures, please refer to the American Association of Endodontists' website.

The OHSU Graduate Endodontic Clinic provides treatment by qualified dentists receiving specialty training in endodontics under the guidance of licensed OHSU faculty specialists. Our services include:
  • Routine endodontic care for simple and complex cases
  • Endodontic retreatment
  • Endodontic surgical treatment
  • Follow-up management of traumatically injured teeth
  • Sedation options for patients undergoing endodontic treatment.

Appointments in the OHSU Graduate Endodontic Clinic are by referral only. Click here to download a referral form. The referral form must be filled out by your dentist. We need 1-3 business days to process a referral request. We will then call to schedule an appointment. Patients may also call 503 494-4248 to ask about their referral.

The OHSU Comprehensive Care Teaching Clinic provides root canal treatment (non-complex cases only) as part of general dental care by 3rd or 4th year dental students under the direct supervision of licensed OHSU faculty specialists. Click here to learn more about General Dentistry services at OHSU

We accept Oregon Health Plan, Washington State DSHS and private insurance.