The Day of Surgery
Important things to bring to the hospital
- Identification, insurance and prescription cards
- List of allergies or sensitivities your child has
- List of your child’s current medications and treatments
- ATM card or cash. Vending machines require cash. Most campus dining/snack/coffee shops accept debit cards. There is an ATM machine on the 9th floor of OHSU Hospital, adjacent to Doernbecher.
- Something to occupy your time while waiting during your child’s procedure.
- If you are divorced and have custody or communication issues, bring court documents with you.
For Your Child:
- Clothing and personal items. Bring loose fitting comfortable clothing for your child to wear home or for your child’s hospital stay. This can include clothing such as sweat pants, large t-shirts, socks, underwear, pajamas, robe or slippers.
- Remove all nail polish, jewelry and make-up from your child.
- If your child wears contact lenses, get them ready to wear glasses instead of contact lenses.
- Play and comfort items such as a favorite blanket, book, video or toy.
- Baby needs. Also bring pacifiers or any special type of bottle, nipple or sippy cup your child prefers.
- Please remember to bring a car seat or booster seat for transporting your child home.