Meet Dr. Albert Starr- Lasker Award Winner
Internationally accomplished cardiovascular surgeon who pioneered and implanted the first successful heart valve.
In the news
- The Oregonian: OHSU marks 30 years of heart transplants; recipient recalls his
- KGW: Dr. Albert Starr wins prestigious 2015 Grand Prix Scientifique award
- OHSU News: Historic gift from Phil and Penny Knight establishes institute for cardiovascular research and care at OHSU
- OHSU News: Dr. Albert Starr to present the 2012 Mark O. Hatfield lecture
- Dr. Albert Starr takes on new role at OHSU
- The Oregonian: OHSU brings back "Starr-y" surgeon
The Starr-Edwards Mitral heart valve
August 2010 marks the 50th anniversary of Dr. Starr's landmark heart valve surgery.