The OHSU Transgender Health Program (THP) is dedicated to supporting access to high quality, affirming and welcoming health care for trans women, trans men, gender nonconforming and non-binary individuals. Our program recognizes the unique health care needs of people with diverse gender expressions and identities. The THP provides direct medical care as well as consultation, education, advocacy, support and policy development to promote competent care for transgender people.
Gender transition-related medical services
If you are seeking specialty care not associated with gender transition, please contact us to receive assistance in identifying an OHSU specialist who is transgender-affirming.
- Information and referral
- Education and preparation for transition-related care
- Accompaniment and support for medical visits
- Education and training for the OHSU community and beyond
- Clinical consultation for OHSU and other healthcare providers
- Advocacy within OHSU and the greater community for transgender patients in all aspects of their care
Services for OHSU employees and students
- Coaching and support for transgender employees, their colleagues and supervisors who are navigating gender transition in the workplace
- Policy review and development to support a transgender-inclusive environment