2017 Forum on Aging in Rural Oregon
The Oregon Office of Rural Health believes that rural Oregon communities have the potential to be ideal places to age. This event provides a forum where people can gather to talk about their experiences, give birth to new ideas, and receive inspiration and other resources to create their own successes.
The forum is intended for community members, family caregivers, elder care professionals, primary care providers, policy makers, philanthropists and anyone interested in making it easier for seniors to age in place in rural Oregon.
- Fighting Ageism
- Achieving Person-Centered Age-Friendly Care
- Community-Based Palliative Care in Florence
- Rural Resources for the Older Patient (1 | 2 | Handout)
- The Homecare Workforce: How Can You Get Involved?
- Lessons to be Learned: Elders in Hispanic and Native American Communities
- Share the Care: Organizing to Support Caregivers
- The Whys and How-Tos of Creating an Age-Friendly Community