OHA Seeks Participation to Help Inform Priorities of the 2020-2024 State Health Improvement Plan
11/26/18 Portland, Ore.
You are invited to help identify priorities for the next State Health Improvement Plan (SHIP).
The SHIP identifies key health concerns for our state– along with strategies that will lead to improvements. A community based committee, called the PartnerSHIP, has identified 14 strategic issues that need to be addressed. It’s not feasible to address all 14 issues, so we need your help to understand which issues are most important to your community. There are a number of ways you can provide your feedback and help spread the word:
- An online survey (in English and Spanish) is available to collect your feedback on these issues. Please take and share this survey with your professional and personal networks via email listserves, social media platforms and other communication channels. We are especially interested in hearing from people and communities that experience health disparities. Please consider ways to share this survey with clients, consumers, patients, service recipients, or other people with lived experience.
- For those who identify as a person from a marginalized community (e.g. person of color, LGBTQ+ identified, person with a disability, person with low-income, etc.), you are also invited to provide feedback through one of seven community-based organizations helping to inform this effort.
- Q Center
- Eastern Oregon Center for Independent Living
- Micronesian Islander Community (of Asian Pacific American Network of Oregon)
- Northwest Portland Area Indian Health Board (NPAIHB)
- Self Enhancement, Inc.
- The Next Door
- Unite Oregon
- Provide written feedback to the Public Health Division. All organizations, coalitions and community groups are welcome to submit prioritized issues and/or additional feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Feedback from communities is being collected through January 31, 2019. The feedback collected will be shared with the PartnerSHIP in February to inform their decision about the final set of priorities.
If you would like this information in another language or format, please email email@example.com.
For more information about the current State Health Improvement Plan which will end December, 2019, visit healthoregon.org/ship.
For more information about the process for developing the 2020-2024 State Health Improvement Plan, visit healthoregon.org/2020ship.
To receive ongoing email updates about the SHIP, sign up for the listserve.
For other questions or comments, please contact Christy Hudson (firstname.lastname@example.org), Public Health Division, Oregon Health Authority