Resources & Technical Assistance for Critical Access Hospitals
Organizations with Information, Toolkits, and Education Opportunities
- Technical Assistance and Service Center (TASC)
- The Flex Monitoring Team
- Rural Health Information Hub
Community Benefit Reporting and 501(c)(3) Compliance Resources
Hospital community benefits are initiatives and activities undertaken by nonprofit hospitals to improve health in the communities they serve. The Affordable Care Act (ACA) also established “additional requirements for charitable hospitals “under § 501(r) of the Internal Revenue Code. The following are resources are available to assist Oregon’s rural and frontier hospitals with 501c3 compliance.
- Webinar: Ensuring IRS 501(r) Compliance as a Rural Hospital (Verité Healthcare Consulting, LLC, OAHHS and ORH)
- IRS: Final Requirements for 501(c)(3) Hospitals Under the Affordable Care Act
Community Health Needs Assessments (CHNAs)
- CHA and CHIP Requirements for 501(c)(3) Hospitals, Local Public Health, and Coordinated Care Organizations
- Current Critical Access Hospital Community Health Needs Assessments
- The Oregon Office of Rural Health, in partnership with the Oregon Health Authority’s Transformation Center and Public Health Division, created an interactive map of the most recent Community Health Needs Assessments (CHNAs/ CHAs) and Community Health Improvement Plans (CHIPs) for Oregon Non-profit Hospitals, Local Public Health Authorities (LPHAs) and Coordinated Care Organizations (CCOs).