Student Loan Deferment

OHSU Postdoctoral Researchers and Postdoctoral Trainees may be eligible for education-related deferment of Stafford, Perkins, or similar student loans because they are engaged in a full-time graduate research fellowship.

Please download a Graduate Fellowship Deferment Request form from the National Student Loan Deferment website.

To request a deferment, postdocs may bring a completed deferment form to the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs. A staff member will verify your postdoctoral status and sign the form. Once complete, submit the form to your loan agency, keeping in mind it ultimately approves or denies the deferment request depending on eligibility and requirements.