The Multiscale Microscopy Core (MMC) at OHSU is a state-of-the-art electron microscopy core that provides services to academic and corporate users. See our services
Welcome to the MMC
The Multiscale Microscopy Core (MMC) is a state-of-the-art electron microscopy core that was established in 2013 through the collaborative efforts of the OHSU Center for Spatial Systems Biomedicine (OCSSB) and Hillsboro-based FEI. It provides imaging services, technical support and training to academic and corporate users. The MMC offers multiple levels of service that correspond with the analysis and/or training each user desires. Training on the instruments can be provided for individuals who anticipate having long-term EM projects. Microscope access is granted by three different mechanisms and priority is given in the following order: internal academic users (OHSU faculty and affiliates), external academic users (a proposal is submitted for review and approval) and external confidential/corporate users (no proposal review).
- FEI Titan Krios™ Cryo-Transmission Electron Microscope (TEM)
- Outfitted with a FEI Falcon™ II 16 Megapixel Direct Electron Detector with Back-Thinned Sensor Technology and multi-frame readout capabilities and a Gatan K2 Summit direct electron detector that can be operated in counting mode. Also equipped with a FEI phase plate for Ultimate Contrast Enhancement for 3D Cryo-TEM Imaging.
- FEI Teneo VolumeScope™
- FEI CorrSight™
- FEI Tecnai™ with iCorr™ (Integrated Light and Transmission Electron Microscope (iCorr)
- Equipped with an Eagle™ 4 Megapixel high DQE and fast multi-port read-out speed TEM CCD multiscan camera, and a MegaView G2 high speed 1.3 Megapixel side-mounted TEM CCD camera system.
- FEI Vitrobot
- Pelco EasiGlow 91000 Glow Discharge Cleaning System
- Leica ACE600 Coater
- Hummer X Metal Coater
- Leica Critical Point Dryer CPD300
- UC7 Ultramicrotome
- RMC-Boeckeler ASH-100
- Cryo-Ultramicrotome (Leica EM FC7)
- High-Pressure Freezer (Wohlwend Compact 01)
- Freeze Substitution & Low Temperature Embedding System (Leica EM AFS2)